Tips for better portraits
We want you to get the best portraits possible, so we’re going to need a little help from you! One of the most frequent questions we get is “What should I/we wear to the shoot?”. Honestly you should wear something you are comfortable in, if you’re a jeans and t-shirt kinda person, then dressing up in a full suit and tie for no reason probably won’t make you comfortable.
Other things to consider to get the most out of your shoot are…
- If you’re bringing a group, coordinate all the colors. Making sure everyone has sort of a uniform look is the best way to get great group shots.
- Avoid super bright colors like red and yellow. While you may look great in these, they generally cast ugly tones on your skin that are hard to correct.
- If you wear glasses, get some frames with no lenses.
- Don’t worry about braces and be sure to smile BIG! If you don’t want braces in your photo we can remove them when you order!
- Come organized! Know what you want and expect from your photography session. We aren’t mind readers so your vision of a great photo is probably different than ours. Don’t be afraid to ask for what you want!
There are a few quick tips to help you get the most out of your photography experience at Sundance Studios.